TopBand: TY8A heard in VK6

Steve Ireland sire@omen.com.au
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 05:45:21 +0800

TY8A was a 459 signal into Perth today (11/11/98) from before 2100 until my
sunrise (2110Z).  It was very frustrating to hear the blokes working well
into JA, which usually means a QSO with VK6 is possible.

Although they were QSX up 5 briefly every now and again, my guess is there
were walls of Europeans calling on this frequency.  Is is possible for
someone to ask the blokes to listen on their own frequency sometimes at
around VK/9M/YB sunrise for South East Asia/VK?  Otherwise, our chances of a
QSO down here with TY8A among the strong signals from Europe are just about nil.

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ