TopBand: Strange Conditions

Larry Emery k1uo@banet.net
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:43:59 -0500

Copied 5B4AGC here at sunset until he went qrt about 45 minutes later.
He peaked at the strongest ever here 579 to 589 just about 10 minutes
after my sunset at 2112Z.
Didnt copy any of the JA's he was working and most of the European
stations he worked except for a couple G stations were weaker than
normal.  I called for about
a half hour off and on using both vertical and horizontal polorized
antennas,  but even though he was a good signal level here, I couldn't
get so much as a hint that I was ever heard!!  Other stations here in
the Northeast said that either they had extremely weak copy or no
signals were heard on the band.  Obviously Jacks antennas are soaking up
the signal before it reaches the states!!

73 de K1UO, Larry