TopBand: XZ1N Update

Dick Wolf n6ff@snowcrest.net
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 18:45:27 -0800

Hi All,

Just picked up the 160M logs for last night, 102 entries.  5 more USA west
coast got through.  Robin/WA6CTR reports very high noise levels, possibly
from the elevators and dimmer switches at the hotel.  They are going to
try to build some isolation transformers for their beverage antennas.  He
feels the noise is travelling from the hotel down the shield of the coax,
getting into the beverage.

He has borrowed an all band portable receiver from a local resident, and
with any luck, maybe reduce the noise level.  The noise is not in bursts,
but steady, so higher speed CW will not help.  He recommends not faster
than 18 wpm.

I notice the logs are not being posted very quickly, trying to find out
why.  I see a few dupes in the logs already, or maybe insurance contacts,
hi.  If you have a question about being in the log, I will be happy to
verify this for you via E-Mail n6ff@snowcrest.net

73 & Good Hunting,

Dick - N6FF