TopBand: CQ 160 Rules

rikik@inter.net.il rikik@inter.net.il
Fri, 04 Sep 1998 22:27:47 -0700

Even though it's not on the agenda for now - maybe in the future the
rules can be changed to make the contest fairer.

At present, the hours of the contest are purposely designed to
optimize the number of dark hours in North America.  The problem is,
that whenever a 160M  contest has hours that are less than integral
multiples of 24 hours, some areas of the world will have more darkness
hours than others.  It doesn't matter exactly when it starts, but
whenever  the contest begins, it should end either 24 or 48 hours
later.

Granted, nothing is perfect, and the guys in the Southern hemisphere
really have it rough. Nevertheless, we should do what we can within
reason to make the rules as fair as possible for everybody.  So how
about it, Honored Gentlemen of the 160 Contest Committee - how about
making the contest as fair as possible by making the duration of the
contest be 48 hours?

73,
Riki, 4X4NJ