Topband: 4X4NJ - LP QSOs

Bill Tippett btippett@alum.MIT.edu
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:47:38 +0000

Hi Riki and all!

        Very interesting to see 160 long path becoming almost commonplace!
Wonder if it has to do with being at the peak of the sunspot cycle?  I recall
80 meter sunrise LP being best from W0ZV at this part of the cycle but haven't
made enough 160 LP QSO's to draw any conclusions.  I hope this is a good omen
for the upcoming XZ0A operation and that Robin has both his sunrise (210
degree) and sunset (150 degree) LP Beverages planned!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  Spent the weekend on 10 in the ARRL contest...my 160 training came in
handy while trying to dig out all those weak backscatter signals in the midst
of S9+ QRM!