Topband: JA / PY opening

Ronald Sekkel rsekkel@integral.com.br
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:24:11 -0200

Hello All !

Last night I was luck enough to work some JA's (Japan is exactly the other
side of the world from where I live) on the TopBand.

I feel I missed a lot of QSO's due to the fact I'm using my transmitting
antenna for receiving, and the high QRN. I hope to improve the reception in
the near future.

The opening happened on Dec 12th, between 21:45 and 22:10z. For those JA's
still needing a QSO with Brazil, I'll be available next Friday and Saturday
(Dec 17th and 18th), same time.

I also worked ZF2NT on Sunday and VE1ZZ on Saturday. Jack was the only
station from continental NA I heard all along the weekend.

Hope to QSO you all on the Stew Perry Contest !

73's

Ron