TopBand: CQ 160 Contest Update from K4JRB

Bill Tippett btippett@alum.MIT.edu
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 07:41:57 -0500 (EST)

>From Dave, K4JRB (reply direct only to thompson@mindspring.com):

As Some of you know but the past three weeks I have been undergoing open
heart surgery.  I am now at home and facing about 8 weeks of recovery.   The
contest will go ahead as usual but I am behind on 1997 certificates and 1997
plaques.   Please give me a few weeks for recovery!

I have not yet had time to set up e-mail receipt for this year's contest but
feel that I should be able to to accept the same formats as last year.   As
of now I will accept the following:  Non e-mail  Both Hand written and
ascii text files on 3.5" diskette.   I can accept the same ascii text files
on e-mail.  The files are summary (sum), text log, and dup list in alpha
sort order (all calls).  I am working on receiving winzip e-mail logs.
However these will be the only types allowed.  Please don't waste time
sending me bin files or encoded logs as these will just require you to
re-send.   I will try to answer all logs with a robot.  The robot will
direct you which log is missing if any.

Good luck to all!

73, Dave K4JRB
CQ 160 Contest Director