Topband: Re: Not In Log, and etc

Wes Attaway wes@attawayinterests.com
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:49:51 -0500

I agree totally with the comments that if you are in the log incorrectly
then you should not get a qsl, and that if you do get a QSL you are very
lucky.  I would go further and say that if you are in the log incorrectly,
and use a card from this "QSO", then you are cheating.  If your call is not
in the log, then by definition it is not in the log incorrectly.

Strange things go on in our DXing world.  A couple of years ago I got a QSL
from a well known DXer (not USA) who needed a Louisiana QSL for our topband
QSO (a "good" QSO, by the way).  As an inducement for me to send a card he
enclosed a blank QSL from one of his DXpeditions, all signed and stamped,
but not filled in.  I guess I could have chosen any reasonable band and mode
(I need the country on topband) for my "QSO".  Actually, I drew a big "X" on
it and sent it back in the envelope with my QSL.

I can't imagine why so many DXers are apparently satisfied with fake QSOs.
It makes me wonder if they think all these QSLs are really worth something.

--------- Wes Attaway (N5WA) ----------
2048 Pepper Ridge, Shreveport, LA 71115