TopBand: EL2WW home

Mark Demeuleneere on4ww@village.uunet.be
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 12:18:40 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I am really disappointed about this low band season's results from EL.
Not even 100 Qs, only 1 with JA, 2 handful with NA, I dreamed it
otherwise.
The low height of my Inv-L, the limitation for a good grounding system,
the random interference generated by numerous sources spoiling my
reception (and unabling me to use the K9AY reception array I put up),
maybe also general topband conditions not being that good (although I
monitored TL5A enjoying great pileups with JA and NA), low output most
of the times, well, I hope someone else will try it the next season.
Surely enough interest in Amateur Radio in Liberia, but the infrastructure
is completely ruined after the civil war, the whole country runs on
generators so to speak.
Returning next Sunday after a short break, hopefully some good openings
will yield some more Qs on topband.
73 - Mark - on4ww/el2ww.