TopBand: Party--Nobody Came

Bill Hohnstein K0HA k0ha@navix.net
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 00:57:46 -0800

Excellent conditions to Europe last night.  Several signals over S-9
to Nebraska!
It started with hearing ZS5K CQing (579) around 0355z.  By the time
that my amp was warmed up he was gone...
HA8BE had an excellent signal at 0405 followed by OM2XW, OM5RW,
SM4CAN, PA0LEG, IT9ZGY, & I2BBJ at 0507 (DL6EN also had a good signal
until 0510).
EL2WW came on with a weak signal around 0633.  He slowly got stronger
until he peaked 569 at 0645 when he apparently gave up due to the lack
of callers (N6FF was one of the few others working him).
The static was just at a moderate level here.  It sounds like it was
higher both in Europe and on the east coast.
This was one of those nice days with both an EU and AF opening, plus
high band conditions were excellent as well.  15 Meters today had
S-9+ signals from A6, EK, EX, EY, EZ, JY, and even 8J (antartica via
long path).

73,  Bill     K0HA