Topband: KH6ND/KH5

Garry & Yelena ni6t@intuitive.com
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 23:03:16 -0700

Murphy has struck at Palmyra Atoll. Mike's lowband vertical system, for
40, 80 and 160 is functioning OK on 40 and 80, but there is an
intermittent on 160 that he has not yet been able to fix. Worse, while
working on the antenna yesterday, he was bitten by a brown scorpion,
which was both painful and debilitating.

Mike was informed today that he is to be flown out to Honolulu on 17
August. However, we do not know how firm that date is. The previous date
given was September 11. I'll let the Reflectorites know when we have
more firm information.

Mike will continue to try to fix the 160 antenna. When it works, he
plans to be on 1824 from  09Z.

--
160 meters-not a band but an obsession