Topband: Battle Creek Trapper Question

Steve McDonald jsm@intergate.bc.ca
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:56:14 -0700 (PDT)

Well the BC Trapper is all set to go up this weekend. My plan is to tune the
antenna using 2 resonant elevated 1/4 wave radials for each band and then
later, lay down as much of a ground screen (unconnected) beneath the antenna
using 1/2" U nails and a fine  magnet wire in the lawn (and the neighbours
lawn...sshhh). Rather than string 3 individual 1/4 wave radials for each of
the two legs, is it practical to use the twinlead style rotator control
ribbon that has about 5 separate insulated wires and cut the 3 sections from
the ribbon so that all 3 radials are on one line OR must they be separted by
some degree? I'm also hoping to achieve a little high angle component by
using the 1/4 wave radials for single hop stuff. The base is 8' off the
ground and about 25' from the ocean, looking eastwards.
VE7SL/Steve