Topband: TOPBAND BBQ at W9DXCC

James D. Jorgensen jandrjor@interaccess.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:35:51 -0500

I will host the 3rd Barbeque for topband DXers the Friday night,
September 15, before this year's W9DXCC Convention and Banquet.  All
topband DXers are welcome any time from 5-10 PM.  Food and soft drinks
will be provided.  This is an informal gathering of topband DXers held
the night before the W9DXCC Convention.  Those who wish to attend should
contact me so plans can be made for the proper amount of food.
Directions to my QTH are given below.  I am located about 30 minutes
South, by car, from the W9DXCC Convention hotel in Rolling Meadows.

Information about the 48th Annual W9DXCC Convention and Banquet can be
obtained at www.qth.com/w9dxcc or by contacting Bill Smith, W9VA, at
w9va@aol.com.  The W9DXCC Convention always includes presentations of
interest to low-band DXers.  This year's W9DXCC activities also include
a nice Friday-night reception, with food and a cash bar, hosted by Carl
Smith, N4AA, editor of QRZ DX and The DX Magazine.

73,
Jim Jorgensen, K9RJ
709 Oxnard
Downers Grove, IL 60516
630-852-4704

Directions to my QTH:

>From the East, Northeast, North, or Northwest:
Find your way to I-355 South of I-88.
Go South on I-355 to the 63rd Street exit (2.7 miles South of I-88).
East 0.6 miles to Woodward Ave.
South 0.5 miles to Oxnard Dr.
ast two blocks on Oxnard Dr. to 1709 (in the Cul-de-sac on the South
side of the street).

>From the Southeast:
Follow I-294 to I-55 and I-55 West to the Lemont Rd. exit.
North on Lemont Rd. to 75th Street.
West on 75th Street to Woodward Ave.
North on Woodward Ave. 1 mile to Oxnard Dr.
East two blocks on Oxnard Dr. to 1709 (in the Cul-de-sac on the South
side of the street).

>From the Southwest:
Take I-55 to I-355.
North on I-355 to the 75th Street exit.
East on 75th Street about 0.2 miles to Woodward Ave.