Topband: A bit of A61AJ Humor

K1ZM@aol.com K1ZM@aol.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:48:56 EST

Hi Gang

In preparing the A61AJ logs for submission to QSL manager W3UR today, I
happened to observe the following:

1) Exactly 8 minutes after our coming on the air during our first real
operating session from A61AJ on the 18th of November, Jack, VE1ZZ, called in
for the first of four qso's.

(How does that guy do it?????)

2) During the first and ONLY GOOD opening to the East Coast, W3BGN was the
first USA station in the log - followed a moment later by Sam WT3Q.

W4DR was lurking on the band as well and made it into the log very very early.

I guess you "gotta be in it to win it"!

I got a chuckle out of seeing this stuff in the log this morning.

BTW, the 160M logs are now with QSL manager W3UR, Bernie in Maryland.
Bernie has alot on his plate at the moment but he will be sure to respond to
incoming QSL requests when time permits.

73 JEFF

K1ZM@aol.com

P.S.  de W4ZV...congrats to VE1ZZ on working DS4CNB via long path yesterday
evening for #300!  I got a chuckle out of the following especially W8LRL's
comment near the bottom (tongue-in-cheek of course!)

JA4CQS-@   1824.6 VE1ZZ       vy fb sig                     2134 10 Dec 2000
JA5MHD     1824.0 VE1ZZ                                     2137 10 Dec 2000
JA3FYC     1824.1 UA0FZ       calling VE1ZZ                 2140 10 Dec 2000
W8LRL-@    1800.0 VE1ZZ       CONGRATULATIONS JACK !! # 300 2312 10 Dec 2000
W8LRL-@    1833.0 VE1ZZ       Dumb luck                     2325 10 Dec 2000
DS4CNB-@   1800.0 VE1ZZ       QSO 2210z CONGRATULATIONS JACK0327 11 Dec 2000

As Jeff said, you "gotta be in it to win it"!