Topband: Wideband Noise on 160

W2pm@aol.com W2pm@aol.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:10:03 EST

Recently I found another unusual wideband noise source for a new ham closeby
- his water bed heater - which was in the OFF position! Only pulling it out
of the wall outlet solved the problem which was a series of 4 - 1 second
raspby pulses - once every 10 seconds S6 to S9 from 160 to over 6 meters -
strongest around 21 Mhz.

This took an entire day to find since he failed to tell me about any heaters
in his house when I asked - he knew it was in the OFF position and therefore
didn't think it relevant... (I dont think he wanted me roaming around his
bedroom either and his wife didn't quite show the enthusiasm we did upon
solving the problem) ...

W2PM