Topband: XZ0A - Final Day

Milt Jensen, N5IA miltj@aepnet.com
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 22:58:10 -0700 (MST)

K1FZ wrote:

>Because of their sunset time, they were starting up too much after sunrise
>here in New England.  We started to hear them just as they faded out, and
>the spots on the packet just starting up.

Just a quick comment before I go to bed.  Singapore to Virden, NM in 28
hours must be a record.

XZ0A worked continuosly on 160 Meters from 1130 Z to 0 Z every 22 nights of
Top Band operation.  I worked practically every 2100 to 0 Z shift with
specific emphasis on W and VE east coast.  VE1ZZ was worked only twice, the
1st time with a very marginal signal and the 2nd time with 459/QRN signals.

There was not propagation there.  I believe XZ0A worked perhaps 5-6
stations on the NA east coast during there sunset period.  It did not work
for W4 or anyone else on that path.  Continuous listening on both the short
path and terminator path plus high angle receiving antennas that were
extremely effective to other areas at other times did not produce any
quantity of Qs.

When there is NO PROP, there are no Qs.  Much more later per previous post.
 73 es GN de Milt, N5IA