Topband: VP6BR 160 STATUS

Ivo Pezer, 5B4ADA/9A3A 9a3a@spidernet.com.cy
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:54:23 +0200

Fred,

  Jukka did call me (I was using C4A callsign) and broke the US pile up
(it was a real pile up, with even west coast calling me) on Sunday
morning, just before my sunrise. I had to ask him three times to confirm
that it was VP6BR, because he was very loud, an honest S7 signal coming
from over 18,000km away, and I wasn't sure if somebody was pulling my
leg! I'm surprised to hear that EUs couldn't copy him, maybe there was
too much QRM during the contest. I'm sure he will have a lot of fun with
100w - my first zone 32 station was FK8CP worked barefoot with no prior
sked. I wish him a good luck with a replacement parts and hope he gets
back on Topband soon.

  Ivo 5B4ADA/C4A