Topband: 160m line noise

AA4NC@aol.com AA4NC@aol.com
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 17:45:06 EST

A line noise problem that I have never had before has just started. The noise
sounds like normal 60 hz line noise, but peaks on 160m. It is strong (~S9) on
80, but is absolutely wiping out 160m - It's 30 to 40 over S9 constantly. I
have always had intermittent line noise here, but it has always been on the
high bands, and in one certain direction.
I can hear it all around my yard on an AM broadcast band portable receiver,
but I can't tell anything about which direction it is coming from.

Any suggestions on what to look for, since it seems to be only a lowband type
noise??

Thanks / 73,

Will