Topband: strange band

k6se@juno.com k6se@juno.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 07:19:39 -0800

Dan, KL7Y wrote:

"Earlier I posted an observation that in some cases there were tremendous
differences in signal strengths for stations in the same area during the
first night of the CQ 160 SSB contest.  I listed some of the stations and
wondered if there was a common denominator in antennas or location that
could cause the disparity in signal strength."
=====
I've experienced the same thing here on numerous occasions, including
being on the lucky end of the path.  It's commonly referred to as
"spotlight propagation".  The spotlight will move around, and then favor
another area only miles away.

73, de Earl, K6SE