Topband: 3W5FM Long Path

Bill Tippett btippett@alum.MIT.edu
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 11:51:57 +0000

        Wow!  Listened to 3W5FM on 3503 this morning from 1100 to
1140 and he peaked a real 589 on my 210 degree Beverage.  I sent a
few messages via the OH2AQ cluster to try to get him to move to 1826.
Around 1140 he disappeared so I started listening on 160 and there
he was...a very solid 449 over long path!  He came back immediately
and appeared to be hearing fairly well.  First new one of this
season for me!

        The long path was exceptional today and this bodes well for
XZ0A.  Let's hope the conditions hold!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV