Topband: Radial staples

Fred Hopengarten k1vr@juno.com
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:39:18 -0500

I bought a box of  "bobby pins" or "bob pins"  covered in black enamel,
at a beauty supply store in a local mall. The box says:  "smooth finish,
ball tipped, glides through hair."  I smack 'em over the radial wire
(they will accommodate up to size 14 AWG) with a rubber mallet, and they
hold the radial down close to the ground so as to permit mowing. Price? 1
lb. for  $6.89. I'm guessing that 1 lb. is about 800 "staples" for
radials.  Wire size #12 AWG is too large for bobby pins. Much less effort
than unwinding large size paper clips, which is what I used to do.