Topband: Frequency Allocations

k6se@juno.com k6se@juno.com
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 01:16:23 -0700

< I am afraid this thread has run its course and really doesn't match
the intent of this reflector...  Please let's get back to the main
purpose of this reflector >

I just checked the footnotes to the 1995 ITU Table of Frequency
Allocations.  Footnote 488 (as pointed out by Bob, VE7BS in his 1979
Table) reads:

"In the Federal Republic of Germany, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Ireland,
Israel, Jordan, Malta, Norway, Poland, the German Democratic Republic,
the United Kingdom, Sweden, Czechoslovakia and the U.S.S.R.,
administrations may allocate up to 200 kHz to their amateur service in
the bands 1715-1800 kHz and 1850-2000 kHz.  However, when allocating the
bands within this range to their amateur service, administrations shall,
after prior consultations with administrations of neighboring countries,
take such steps as may be necessary to prevent harmful interference from
their amateur service to the fixed and mobile services of other
countries.  The mean power of any amateur station shall not exceed 10 W."

I'll search the other many footnotes to see if there is an update,
because footnote 488 lists at least three countries that no longer exist
(GDR, Czechoslovakia and USSR).

73, de Earl, K6SE

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.