Topband: A52DX

Luis Mansutti IV3PRK luisprk@tin.it
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 00:04:22 +0200

Hi Topbanders,

this evening I was calling CQ DX on 1.832 and A52DX came back to me at
20.57z: following the old rule "first work and than worry" I exchanced
the reports 589/559 and asked "QSL info?" ; he answered "W7DX".
The signal was quite loud and I left him asking QRZ a couple of times,
but nobody called him, so he moved away!
Sure to have worked the usual pirate or joker,  I was surprised to see
later a lot of spots reporting A52DX on 80 meters ....so could have been
a real one? any news about such an operation?

Best 73
Luis IV3PRK