Topband: Rein deer or K5K?

SCOTT A LONG k8sm@juno.com
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:39:10 -0400

Boy was I lucky this morning!  I over slept by 30 mins after the alarm
went off, must have been REALLY tired from the previous nights of getting
up.  At 0630z I jumped out of bed to see what was the matter (must have
been dreaming about the rein deer on the rooftop), ran to the shack (to
check out the clatter, and no it wasn't the relays in the old MLA-2500),
tuned to 1826.5, sure enough, they were clear 559 into the headphones of
K8SM, never heard them announce their QSX, so I called on freq, nope
they're QSX on 23 a spot said, tuned the dial down to 23, called a few
times (must have had QRN on their end), kept calling (the blood is really
rushing by now), then I heard a QRZ K8?, AGN, K8SM K8SM 599 BK, YES!!
Then a few minutes later they show up on 3503 UP 2, bang!

Back to bed......and NO more dreaming about rein deer or working K5K on
80 & 160!

What a great job these guys have done, my hat is off to them!

Scott, K8SM