Topband:Parallel vertical antennas and 160M amps

Steve Ireland sire@iinet.net.au
Fri, 06 Apr 2001 07:06:56 +0800

G'day Doug, Jerry and all,

I was very interested to see that the close spacing of 6" to 12" apparently
(i.e. modelled on EZNEC) caused less interaction with parallel-fed
inverted-Ls than spacing them 3' to 10'.

For the last two years, I have used paralled-fed inverted vee dipoles on
topband and 7 MHz at 90'.  The dipoles are spaced a mere 3", using the
excellent clip-on open wire spacers sold by WH Westlake in the UK.  Both
dipoles perform well.

In the next few months, I plan to place a full-size 3.5MHz wire vertical in
parallel with a topband t-antenna/or inverted-L antenna with an 80'
vertical section (am currently in the process of burying about 50 radials)
and was wondering about simply using the same 3" spacers.  Can I get away
with 3" spacing on 160/80, I wonder?

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ