Topband: CE0X trip

RandyMartn@aol.com RandyMartn@aol.com
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:32:43 EST

Hello fellow topbanders.

The crew of CE0ZT is ready to go.  We all rendezvous in Santiago on February
8th, and depart by boat from the port of Valparaiso on the 9th.  Hopefully,
we will arrive at San Ambrosio on Sunday, February 11th local time.  Look for
us on topband 1827.5 Khz starting the night of Monday February 12th local
time (although if we arrive early enough on Sunday, we will try to get the
160 antenna up in time for Sunday night local).

We are still awaiting the final word from the Chilean equivalent of the FCC
as to what callsign we will use.  Originally, we were issued CE0XT.  Then,
the government decided that Juan Fernandez and San Felix should both have "Z"
as the first letter in the suffix.  Thus, they changed our callsign to CE0ZT.
 We have been lobbying almost daily to get permission to revert to CE0XT.
Confusing, eh?  In any case, rest assured that no matter what call we use, we
are on San Ambrosio island which counts for San Felix DXCC.

Thanks in advance to the Battle Creek group for loan of a BCS antenna.

Hope to see you all soon on top band.

73,
Randy K0EU