Topband: 160m CONDX - Saturday 17 02 01 ARRL CW TEST

Ivo PEZER, 5B4ADA 9a3a@spidernet.com.cy
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:58:01 +0200

What meant to be part-time activity turned out to be yet another
unforgettable experience on Topband. After some good 80m rates, I QSY-ed
to 160m  on Saturday morning and logged the first NA station at 0402
GMT. In 40 minutes I worked 71 USA/VE station with most of the east
coasters and mid-west stations peaking S9 +10-15. I still can't believe
that 160 can produce such a loud signals! Only a few 0's worked (K0RF
was loud) but I think that there were too many east coast stations
calling. Wonder if anybody heard me on the west coast that morning?
Huge pile up slowed me down, although my the speed was one  that I use
when I run 20 or 10m pile ups. I wonder if I should have started
earlier, but 80m was too hot and I wanted to provide as many NA as
possible with the mult. I hooked back my recording device to the new PC
this morning but I doubt I'll have a chance for an opening like that
soon...(although K1FZ was solid 15-20 over this morning).

CU

Ivo C4A - 5B4ADA