Topband: Caribbean Tour 2001 (update)

Rob Snieder pa5et@muurkrant.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:27:25 +0200

Caribbean Tour 2001

In addition to previous announcements we have received 2 special callsigns
J3PA and J8PA which will be used on Topband to avoid dupes and for several
Contests. No individual call signs will be used on 160 meter. All licenses
and import permissions for the equipment are pre-arranged.

The Low Land DX-pedition Team (LLDXT) is pleased to announce the 6th
Caribbean Tour. This year's tour will bring us to the island of Carriacou
(Grenada) IOTA NA-147 (2nd - 15th August) and the island Bequia (St.
Vincent) IOTA NA-025 (16th - 27th August). The team members will be Bouke
PA0ZH, Ronald PA3EWP, Rob PA5ET and Dennis PA7FM. The callsigns will be
J3/homecall, J8/homecall, J3PA and J8PA. The last 2 calls will be used on
Topband and during contests. We will use 2 x FT1000MP's with amplifiers and
will be active around the clock from 10-160 meter in the modes CW, SSB, RTTY
and PSK31. Titanex sponsored a V160E vertical to give us a good low-band
signal. As other years we have a Tour Web-Site which will be daily updated
with the latest information, on-line logs, tour diary, digital photo's,
propagation forecasts and digital pile-up recordings. The Guestbook can
already be signed. The LLDXT home-page is ready for the tour and can be
found
at http://www.qsl.net/lldxt All QSL's will be managed again by PA5ET,
Rob Snieder, Van Leeuwenstraat 137, 2273 VS Voorburg, The Netherlands.