Topband: mounting ladder line

Tom Rauch w8ji@contesting.com
Mon, 28 May 2001 18:16:52 -0400

> Any suggestions for securing 450 ohm ladder line to .5 inch pvc poles
> while maintaing the correct orientation? Howard..K2HK

Hi Howard,

What do you mean by "correct orientation"? I know there are
rumors that for receiving applications the conductors have to be in
a certain physical arrangement with one above the other, but those
are false claims.

The best arrangement is a "twist" at fractional wavelength intervals
to prevent unbalancing the line and reduce direct response caused
by wire spacing. That's true even in Beverages or any other
application like old telephone lines through transmission lines.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com