Topband: Antenna interaction

Donald Chester k4kyv@hotmail.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:03:37 +0000

>... we finally took the
>field meter to a cable TV receiving tower that was about 1-1/4 miles
>away on the right bearing. This tower was in fact the culprit, very "hot"
>with re-radiated RF, despite being NINE WAVELENGTHS from the
>transmitting antenna.

Sounds like Tesla's experimentation with wireless electric power
transmission.

BTW,  regarding Rohn 25 as a vertical,  I use 127' with a base insulator,
with 120 radials each 133'4" long, buried approx. 2-3" in the soil.  It
makes an excellent tx antenna, but notthing to write  home about for
receiving.

I have a beverage and a K6STI loop, each located just beyond the radial f
ield, and an indoor 5' X 5' rotatable shielded coax loop in  the shack, and
I have not been able to detect any reaction with the quarter wave tower
whatever.  All rx antennas are completely unaffected whether I ground the
base of  the tower, connect it to the coupling network, or leave it
floating.

Don K4KYV