Topband: ARRL 160 contest

zl3ix@inet.net.nz zl3ix@inet.net.nz
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:42:32 GMT

> Pete's question was not specifically about the window. Let's not mix messages.
>
> It was abt a lack of DX activity.

Let me give the point of view of one particular DX station.  I went into the
shack after supper on Saturday (abt 08z), fully intending to "give it a bash".
I tuned around the band to see what there was to work, but the only station I
could hear was VK2IO trying desperately to work a K9, from whom I could just
hear the occasional dit.  Conditions were just completely c--p, so I decided
rather not to waste the night's sleep.

In my short experience on Topband from ZL, I find that our condx at this point
in the solar cycle are generally poorer than enjoyed by VK, and if VK2IO was
struggling, then I would have had even more of a problem.  I promise to be more
persistent in the Stew!

73, Greg,
ZL3IX