Topband: feeding random length wire antenna

Art Pope ua3vcs@hotmail.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:53:05 +0000

Dear tp banders,

I am seeking advice on the subj. I want to start operating on 160 from
Taiwan. My problem is a common one - limited space. I live in an apartmen
complex where so far I have an unlimited access to the roof. The problem is
that the roof is not big enough to accommodate a vertical or inv. L or with
radials. One of my ideas is to drop a wire down from the roof and feed it
from the top end. The length of the wire I estimate could be as long as 45
to 55 meters. It will be very close to the building itself. At the lower end
it will make some 5 meters away from the building. These are the limitations
here. I don't have a lot of knowledge as to how to feed the wire in this
case. Is it worth trying at all?

Any ideas gentlemen?

73, de Art BW3/UA3VCS