Topband: ?? abt shunt fed tower

Lane Zeitler ku7i@hotmail.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 04:18:13 -0800

Gents,
A friend of mine here in San Diego wants to shunt feed his 50 ft self
supporting tower. Not much on top of it except a Cushcraft A-4S with the 40
meter add on kit. reflector and director are attached directly to the boom,
not insulated. I will be doing the manual labor for him since he is getting
up in years and not able to do the work. How far up should I attach the
shunt?? There is a pipe abt three feet above the tower at which point the
beam is bolted. Can anyone give me an idea?? I would rather not just
randomly pick a spot.

thanks

Lane Ku7i

MSN 8 limited-time offer: Join now and get 3 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_newmsn8ishere_3mf