Topband: Special WW II Consol Radio Station

Martin-de-la-Fuente, Maximo mmartin@ssa.siemens.es
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:43:20 +0100

Hi Hams,

Next 22, 23 and 24 of this month I shall activate the World War II LG Consol
Station (see link below).

Is a German radio station build in 40's in the northwest of Spain. This
station has three 400 ft - 120 meters vertical towers, ceramic isolated. In
the WW II this station, and others, was been used to triangulated the
position of ships and airplanes over the Atlantic Ocean.

I shall use this equipment; R7 Drake receiver, TR7 Drake transmiter and a 1
or 2 Kw amplifier. The antenna wiil be one of the three vertical towers.
Also, I shall install a few radials to mejorate the ground conductivity.

I shall be on 160 meters SSB only with my personal call "EA1DDO". Contacts
will be confirmed with a special qsl card and I'll be in the CQ WW DX 160
SSB Contest also.

See more about WWII LG Consol Station here:
http://www.geocities.com/maxmartin3/

73 DX DE EA1DDO, Max.