Topband: Conditions on 160m last night

Donald Chester k4kyv@hotmail.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 08:53:04

I just simply refuse to work ANYONE I
>hear below 1840 even if they move up the band later.
>
>Let them go low in the band and CQ all they want, the rates and
>scores will tell them all they need to know.
>73, Tom W8JI

Why can't the folks who sponsor these contests simply agree that certain
frequencies will be off limits to contest activity, and declare that anyone
monitored in violation during the contest period will be disqualified.

I did not participate in the contest, but early in the evening the only
audible SSB contester below 1820 was a VE2 who kept calling CQ and never
made a contact.  I worked some CW on about 1805 with no QRM. At least they
left a little space at the bottom of the band for CW this year.  I remember
in years past SSB would be solid all the way down to 1800.

Don K4KYV