SV: Topband: 160 band plan

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:56:00 -0500

> I look foward to the 160 meter CW contest with no CW between 1840 and
> 1850!! Is it only cw-operators complaing abouth the band plan.  Why
> don't just join the fun 4 weekends a year!!

Hi Ole,

I always look forward to working SSB DX in the CQ 160 SSB, but
the DX is always covered up by strong and sometimes wide SSB
stations who call CQ and are only able to work stations that are
local.

This year I was able to hear many many more DX stations,
because they were on clear frequencies below 1840.

Not only that, I had several nice ragchews on CW below 1810, and
I noticed others could work the PW0 and FR8 stations!

If the USA stations continue to avoid working local and calling
endless CQ's below 1840, and if you and the rest of the DX
stations will work "split" and tune your receiver to a frequency that
is clear anywhere above 1840 up to 2000kHz and announce where
you are listening, I will be able to work you in the next SSB
contest! I  bet your score will greatly increase, and you will have
more fun!
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com