Topband: Band Plan

kb9cry@attbi.com kb9cry@attbi.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:44:48 +0000

As a newcomer to Topband, but not to Amateur Radio, I
agree with those that suggest that the only way to
separate the wide and narrow sigs is by a band plan
ruling by the FCC.  I know that I can not (or should
not) operate SSB below 7.150 Mhz.  When I look at my FCC
band plan for 160 it states SSB is allowed from 1.800 to
2.000.  So I can not fault anyone, especially in a
contest, from operating SSB at 1.815.  They're legal,
and as much as I don't like it, I have to live with it.
Of course, one should not expect to operate CW during a
big SSB contest.  This is one example where specific
rules would be of benefit to all; then there's no
discussion.  Cu in the noise, 73  Phil  KB9CRY