Topband: Ja openings this season

n4uk@mindspring.com n4uk@mindspring.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:51:57 -0500

    This has been a very poor season for JAs on 160m. Yesterday I heard JA0MVW CQing but the best I could do was get an "agn" a couple of times. I called CQ on 1822 and was answered by JA1CGR according to a packet spot I saw but I could barely hear him.(Thanks for the spot NX4D) Today, I called JA7BXS and the best I could get was  "n4 agn " a couple of times and a series of "AGN"s from JA0MVW. JA0MVW had the better of the signal today. I have yet to work a JA this season. Compared to three years ago when I worked JAs with s9 signals with a 1/4wl sloper up 40 feet this JA season sucks wind......

73, Ken , N4UK