Topband: Low Power 160 DXCC

KN4LF, T. F. Giella kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 02:22:33 +0100

Bob K3UL Said:
.....Don't get me wrong, a KW never hurts especially under marginal
conditions but, let's not discourage potential low band OPS from working 160
meters even with small antennas and 100 watts.....

Thomas KN4LF Says:
  It obviously takes longer but DXCC on 160 is possible with lower power,
i.e. 100 watts, even on phone. I have 117 worked and 108 confirmed on 160.
Of the 117 worked, 103 were with 100 watts, 14 with 700 watts. Of the 117
worked, 96 were on phone and 21 on CW.
  I accomplished my 160 DXCC in approximately 4 years, on anything from an
average inverted L to a good 1/2 wave Tee.

73,
T. F. Giella, KN4LF