Topband: 160m Four Square Array; FT-1000D Keyclick mod

William Hein, AA6TT Bill@aa6tt.com
Fri, 01 Nov 2002 04:59:46 -0800 (PST)

Bill N5YA is visiting my northern VT QTH and helping me install
and tune the first Array Solutions 160m Four Square Phased Array
Controller to come off the assembly line.  The A.S. box uses the
Lewellen method and I'm looking forward to smoke testing it soon.
 Info:

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/foursquare.htm#4%20square%20array%20top%20of%20page

I've been meaning to do the FT-1000D keyclick mod detailed on
W8JI's Website for a long time and finally, with the prospect of
being back on 160m soon with a good antenna system soon, I pulled
the transceiver out of the rack and onto the workbench.  After
opening up the rig, I discovered that I wasn't really sure what
the "flying harness lead" referred to in the instructions is.
Hopefully someone in TopBand land can email me the "Keyclick Mod
For Dummies" explanation; I don't want to cut the wrong wire.

73,
Bill AA6TT

William H. Hein, AA6TT
10 Clark Road