Topband: Disturbing question about QRS CW QSO's / what ARRL thinks

py2cw (Mac) py2cw160@terra.com.br
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:11:42 -0000

Hi folks
                       Please consider the following setup:

TX side

1) Manual morse code QRS transmission. (~3s dots and ~9s dashes)
2) No FSK at all. Just traditional CW.(same frequency for dots and =
dashes)

RX side

1) AF real time spectral analyzer (as an RX subsystem, not from an =
external PC)
2) Audio tone corresponding to detected dot and dashes as RX output =
(traditional CW)

Could this setup be considered valid for DXCC? I don't think so! But, =
why not?

PS Note, no QRN/QRM, just letter errors and "deep fading" ("digital" =
QSB)
PS2 Processors (CPU) are invading to much our analog world? Where to =
drawn the line?

                                                                         =
                             73, Mac PY2CW

multipart/alternative