Topband: TS 940 S Receiver

DF2PY df2py@t-online.de
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:51:20 +0100

hello reflectees !
As we are just hearing some product comparisons i want to jump in and aid the
940s. I used the 940 to work my WAS on 160m in a five month term from EU.
Retrospectively it has beaten the FT 1000 D in the sensitivity and in low signal
performance categories. The only menace was the huge phase noise in the TX mode
( 940s were usually measured at 10 db worse than 930s ) , which made me abandon
it for a FT 1000 D a few years ago. Seemed like the big Dx was built into the
radio, bcuz these days i need a lotta more hardware to come even close. But the
sun`s face wasn`t as stained those days - hi.

73 de wolf - df2py-