Topband: CQ 160 2003 Rules Changes - Limit Mulit-ops to 30 or 36 hours

Steve Ireland sire@iinet.net.au
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:42:12 -0400

G'day John

Operating during the hours of daylight in the CQ 160 from North America
doesn't sound much fun, but operating in the CQ 160 during the hours of
darkness from VK6 is even less, particularly there is no account given in
the contest to the distances being worked.

I don't want to spoil the fun of those operating from North America and
Europe in CQ 160 - where I am sure it is a great event to operate.
However, the CQ 160 is not a true worldwide DX contest in the same sense
that the Stew Perry TBDC is - the rules don't allow it to be.

The CQ 160 can mostly only be won from NA/EU, but the Stew Perry can be won
from anywhere.

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ