Topband: Shunt Fed Tower Info

R. Kline rikik at inter.net.il
Tue Aug 5 06:52:21 EDT 2003

I used to have  a 3 element KLM 40M beam, and I grounded the elements
directly to the boom by adding  small straps that were connected to the
existing strap (that joins the 2 element halves).  Regarding the driven
element, this wasn't possible, although I did directly ground the coax side
of the matching/balun assembly.  Perhaps what Tom suggests would be
worthwhile for the driven element (although the high reactance should be at
7 MHz - not 14 MHz).  In that case,  2 networks would likely be needed (one
for each half element), or perhaps a balanced network could be constructed.
The important thing would be to have a low impedance path to  the boom at
1.8MHz for all of the insulated elements.

73,
Riki, 4X4NJ