Topband: Shunt Fed Tower Info

George & Marijke Guerin gmguerin at voyager.net
Tue Aug 5 14:05:49 EDT 2003

Hi Riki, et. al.,

By grounding the shield on the coaxial feed at the balun and grounding the
reflector and director you probably eliminated the concerns with floating
elements.
Other feed systems with a floating driven element and a low impedance
matching network are more easily overheated by the 160 meter signal.  I seem
to remember one of the G's had to put a choke in series with his matching
network to avoid SWR changes as the network heated up when running full
power.

73,    George    K8GG