Topband: Insulated Tower

Joe Wilkowski k8fc at k8fc.com
Tue Dec 9 08:35:52 EST 2003

Ok, as I am sure you have all read, it is unanimous... Don't do it.  Just a
little background.

The location is in the rocks on top of a hill in southern Colorado so
moisture (which we do not get too much of) was not an immediate
consideration.

It was musing at it's finest.

Gentlemen, thank you all for the information.  I will investigate the
various sources of insulators or short of finding what I want/feel resonable
I will shunt feed the tower.  It is going to be part of a two element phased
array when I am finished.

Man I knew there was something wrong with that reasoning as it has not come
up in any threads on Topband lately...

As always, the list comes through.

Happy Holidays !

/joe k8fc