Topband: Cone of Silence

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Wed Dec 10 12:52:37 EST 2003

I sure enjoy the discussion on this topic. However,  I would like to
sheepishly, perhaps foolishly, ask if folding the short vertical
Beverage termination down lead wire back and forth on itself with some
small spacers would reduce the vertical pick up somewhat due to a
cancellation effect.?

Another means, although more complex, might be to mount the termination
resister at the high point and construction the earthing wire out of
Tri-Ax forming a Faraday shield.  The  Faraday shield principles work
well at AF and Video mitigating induced hum in long runs of cable. Maybe
since the Beverage is totally unbalanced end to end these ideas just
would not apply.   Please let me know and I don't mind being flamed for
my suggestion.  It is all part of the learning process.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
St. Croix, USVI