Topband: Cone of Silence

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Wed Dec 10 16:44:57 EST 2003

> Because of the slope of a few degrees, both in the forward and reverse
> directions, of the element as it sags between supports over the majority
of
> its length.

If the slope height change is small compared to the length of the slope it
is unimportant, just like when the height of the vertical section is small
compared to the length of the antenna the vertical change is unimportant.

I think what Gary is talking about is the idea of doing all the slope in the
last 100 feet or less. I know that's what I mean.

73 Tom