Topband: K8UR array

Iowaguy earlham at radiks.net
Wed Dec 10 19:04:27 EST 2003

I have an 80 mtr K8UR array hung from the 120' guy ring on the rotating
tower.  I do use current baluns on my array.  They do present some extra
weight but not so excessive as to cause major problems.  DO USE thimbles on
the dipole wires (particularly the top wire carrying the weight and force of
the tie off rope) where they attach to the balun, lest the wires fatigue and
break (mine did after abt 12 months).

73...Dave
W0FLS