Topband: Radiation from Ends of Beverage

i4jmy at iol.it i4jmy at iol.it
Thu Dec 18 10:08:25 EST 2003

---------- Initial Header -----------

>From      : topband-bounces at contesting.com
To          : "Tom Rauch" w8ji at contesting.com,"Topband Reflector" topband at contesting.com
Cc          :
Date      : Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:02:29 +1000
Subject : Topband: Radiation from Ends of Beverage

> (8) on a more positive note, xmas came early at my shack with the
> neighbouring sand mine
> operator agreeing to let me use 100+ acres of their land at the rear of my
> property
> for antennas. took me all of 3 hours to set up 500m bev at 6m on 100degT
> right thru
> central america. another 500m on 280degT to follow shortly. may the solar
> flux keep
> dropping
>
> 73s gd dx de sam dellit  vk4zss  brisbane / tamborine

Hi Sam and All,

I've no time to enter into the vertical ends effect of beverages discussion, but I've never felt they introduce appreciable energy to the system.
Not everything that's printed in a book or published has sense.
In my experience effect of beverage ends is not a consistent matter in practice, and simply I don't care.
If I understand correctly You place your beverages 6m over the ground.
In my experience, this is instead a point.
Such an height starts to be a problem, and does affect beverage's directivity.
Season greetings and 73,

Mauri I4JMY